Cheese Apple Pancakes
Why not try these Cheese Apple pancakes? Perfect for a light evening meal or as a healthy snack option. The pancakes appeal to the whole family including kids who love the cheese and apple filling!
Serves 4, makes 8 pancakes
Prep time: 40 mins. Cook time: 10 mins
115g/4oz self-raising flour
1 large egg
120ml/4 fl oz milk
120ml/4 fl oz + 15ml/1 tablespoon water
A little vegetable oil
2 dessert apples, cored and cut into thin slices
3floz /90ml unsweetened orange juice
50g/2oz Cheddar or Cheshire , grated
25g/1oz Twineham Grange cheese, grated
1. Blend flour, eggs, milk and water in a blender or whisk together in a bowl until smooth. Refrigerate at least 30 mins.
2. Simmer apple slices in orange juice until tender and set aside.
3. Heat a 15-20cm/6-8 inch frying pan with a few drops of vegetable oil over a medium heat. Pour or spoon 3-4 tablespoons of batter in the pan and spread out to form round pancakes.
4. Brown lightly on each side. Watch closely to avoid overcooking. Set aside. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Divide the apple slices, Cheddar and Twineham Grange between the pancakes. Shape each crêpe into a triangle by folding it twice.