Cheesy Pasta Salad - The cheesy lunch box extravaganza
225g pasta shapes
50g Cheshire cheese
50g Red Leicester cheese
50g baby corn
50g cherry tomatoes
50g frozen peas, thawed
100g fromage frais
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling water for 10 minutes or as directed on the packet. Drain and refresh under running cold water. Drain again.
2. Place the pasta in a large bowl and crumble the Cheshire cheese into the bowl.
3. Cut the red cheese into small dice and add to the bowl.
4. Slice the baby corn thickly, cut the cucumber into dice (for very young children you may wish to peel the cucumber and remove the seeds as these are less digestible) and halve the cherry tomatoes.
5. Add to the bowl with the peas and toss together to combine.
6. Mix together the yogurt, ketchup and season with a little pepper if liked, drizzle over the salad and toss to combine.
Cook’s Tips: You can vary the vegetables you add to the pasta to suit your child’s likes and dislikes. Try cherry tomatoes or blanched green beans or carrots. You could also add a little chopped ham or chicken to the salad.