Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
6 soft wheat tortillas
200-250g Applewood smoked - flavoured cheese, grated
3 spring onions, finely chopped
2 jalopeno chilli in brine, drained and finely chopped
1. Place 3 of the wheat tortillas on a clean work surface.
2. In a bowl, mix together the cheese, spring onions and chilli.
3. Divide the cheese mixture over the three tortillas. Top with the other
three tortillas and press down to flatten.
4. Heat a little of the butter in a frying pan. Add a tortilla and cook for 5
mins, pressing down on the top of the tortilla. Turn the tortilla over and
cook the second side until crisp.
5. Remove from the pan and cut into wedges. Repeat with the remaining
TIP: To create really gooey cheese, pop the cooked quesadillas in the
microwave for a minute or so.