Warm West Country Salad with Westcombe Mature Cheddar
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
200g West Country Westcombe Mature Cheddar, shaved with potato peeler
200g fresh porcini mushrooms, sliced (dry mushrooms can be used but should be soaked first in a little warm water for 5 – 10 minutes)
200g trimmed asparagus
200g new potatoes, cut length ways
4 tbsps olive oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
Salt and pepper
White wine vinegar
2 tbsps flat leafed parsley, chopped roughly
Juice one lemon
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees c.
- Mix potatoes with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
- In a frying pan sauté the mushrooms and garlic with half the butter and half the olive oil and season. Set to one side in a warm place.
- Sauté the asparagus with the remaining butter, oil and season, and set aside in a warm place.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil with enough salt and vinegar to taste. Poach eggs for 2 – 3 minutes until soft boiled. Remove from water and set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the eggs in a bowl. Gently mix and divide between 4 plates. Place poached egg on each plate and drizzle with olive oil. Serve and enjoy!