Grilled field mushrooms with West Country Belton Red Leicester
Preparation time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
2 x soda farls cut in half
1kg field mushrooms
250g West Country Belton Red Leicester, sliced
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
Small bag rocket
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees c.
- Cut stalks out of mushrooms and lay on a baking tray, and sprinkle over lemon zest and juice, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in top of over for 10 – 15 minutes until mushrooms have halved in size.
- Place West Country Belton Red Leicester over the top of the mushrooms and bake in oven until melted.
- In the meantime, toast the soda farls and divide between 4 plates.
- When mushrooms are cooked, placed on soda farls.
- Drizzle any liquid that has collected in the tray onto the mushrooms, finish with rocket, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.